BC’s cleantech sector is part of a thriving BC technology ecosystem that consistently ranks among the top 10 in the world and has become a powerhouse of innovation, investment and job creation for our province.
The BC Cleantech CEO Alliance is a private sector funded coalition made up of top clean technology CEOs. Our mission is to make BC the world leading center for cleantech innovation and investment. We have combined our leadership to solve the world’s greatest environmental and energy challenges while building a prosperous and resilient economy at home. Our members are consulted by all levels of government, including the Prime Minister and Premiers.
We are looking for an Executive Director to join the team as we take our Alliance to the next level. This is an excellent opportunity for an early to mid-career individual who is hungry to move up and eager to take on this exciting career challenge. You will work with top performing CEOs, government officials, visiting dignitaries, and most importantly, contribute to building a better future of the cleantech sector in BC and our planet! This position is about managing and executing strategic plans developed by a focused and driven group of CEOs, implementing projects, advancing fundraising initiatives just to name a few. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit to succeed in this role. This is a not a conventional Executive Director position. This is a challenging role for a motivated, intelligent, and career-driven individual who is willing to grow together with the team.
Leadership Opportunities and Challenges:
Your success and career growth including further salary advancement will be determined by how well you provide leadership in the following areas:
- Expanding the membership of the Alliance with a goal of creating a long-term, sustainable organization
- Developing a marketing and communications plan to increase the awareness of the Alliance and further the mission
- Working closely with member CEOs to craft messaging on key strategic topics to Federal and Provincial governments, along with other stakeholders
- Collaborating with other cleantech organizations globally, and in particular, the other members of Canada Cleantech
- Working closely with Alliance leadership to resolve key policy decisions, develop and monitor an annual budget, and provide overall management of the organization
- Representing the Alliance to a variety of audiences, including members, government agencies and officials, community leaders, and other partners
- Serving as the spokesperson and a public face of the organization
Relevant Qualifications and Experience:
We understand that you might not have all of the qualifications listed below. We are looking for someone who is eager to work hard, learn, grow, and develop their skills!
- University degree in business or other relevant areas of study (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5 years of management-level experience in both for-profit and nonprofit settings
- Proven leadership ability to bring diverse individuals and groups together
- Experience with Federal and Provincial governments would be an asset
- Superb judgment and focus coupled with analytical and disciplined approach to selecting growth opportunities that meet organizational mission and strategic vision
- Solid organization, leadership and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English is a must have
- Critical thinking ability to expand on opportunities using educated and informed risk taking
- Confident, polished public speaker able to communicate the mission, vision, and key issues to a diverse group of stakeholders and the media in both formal and informal settings
- Entrepreneurial spirit and nimble ability to grow programs and diversify revenue stream
- Commitment to the Alliance’s mission and, more broadly, sustainability issues and the cleantech sector
- Enthusiasm for learning about the field, key stakeholders, and programs
- Political savvy who can think out of the box and identify non-conventional ways to meet organizational objectives in a politicized environment
- Outstanding people and conflict management skills in dealing with a broad spectrum of personalities
- A motivated self-starter who can perform under pressure and deliver quality work within agreed deadlines
- Ability to work flexible schedules as the CEOs often contribute after hours
- Willingness to travel 20% to 30% of the time
How to apply
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter. Successful candidates will be asked to submit 2-3 samples of work, such as PowerPoint presentations, slide decks, and other relevant material showcasing their work. These are welcome in advance!
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.